26+2 Traditional Bikram Method
- 90 minute class includes the sequence of 2 breathing exercises and 26 postures (standing series ~45-50 minutes, floor series~40-45 minutes).
- Muscles, joints, and ligaments are prepared for each sequential posture and fresh oxygenated blood is recirculated to 100% of the body.
- Heat & humidity is used to warm the muscles, flush toxins and facilitate safe movement.
- Mirrors are used to support focus on breathing, alignment, and overall body awareness.
26+2 Silent with Music
- 90 minute class with therapeutic music and limited instruction.
- Practitioners have the opportunity to focus internally and explore their practice.
- The teacher practices with the class, demonstrates the postures & transitions, and highlights critical points of attention as needed.
- Please note: If 3 or more new practitioners attend class, then additional instruction will be provided (*new practitioner = less than 5 classes).
26+2 Express Happy Hour
- 60 minute blended asana class for practitioners who need a shorter duration
- 90 minute class where 26+2 is included, plus 8-10 additional postures.
- Practitioners are challenged with respect to stability, balance and transitions between poses.
- Recommended: understanding of the 26+2 postures. Teaching & instruction is focused on new postures and transitions.
- Weekend classes are ~60-90 minutes (Instructor led and Mysore style). Weekday classes are 60 minutes.
- All classes focus on the Primary Series sequence created by Sri K Pattabhi Jois including sun salutations, standing, seated & finishing postures.
- Emphasis on breathing, internal heating, and proper alignment.
- During these 60 or 90 minute classes, floor-based postures are held for extended time to reach beyond muscle to provide therapy for connective tissue and fascia.
- Yin yoga was first developed by Paulie Zink when he combined the practice of Indian Hatha yoga with Chinese Taoist traditions & reflections.
- Emphasis is on breathing through tightness/tension in pelvis, hips, lower spine, shoulders. It is sometimes referred to as "yoga for the joints".
- There are several class variations including Yin Yang, Yin Deep Dive and Yin Flow with Trigger Point Ball & Sound Therapy.
Strengthening, Toning & Conditioning
- There are several class varieties which provide strengthening, toning & conditioning. All classes are 50-60 minutes.
- Core Strength & Power
- High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- Victory Burn
- Each class will provide unique movement targeted to strengthen your yoga practice as well as support your other activities and hobbies.