- Go to www.bikramrtpcary.com and create your account by Clicking the "Register on line" button
- Download the MindBody App from the App Store, search for our studio name, select to view the ongoing class schedule and add/remove yourself from classes.
- Bring a yoga mat, water absorbent yoga towel, and shower towel. These are available at the studio for a rental fee.
- There are changing rooms with showers and lockers. At your discretion, you can bring a lock for the lockers provided. There is also open-cubby storage.
- Arrive at least 20 minutes before class to get situated and relax on your mat. The studio entrance doors will lock at class start time.
- Wear light exercise clothing such as a sports top and athletic shorts. Try to dress so that you can view your body positioning and alignment in the mirrors (chest, rib cage, arms, legs, feet). SAFE SPACE. There is no judgement.
- No shoes or socks are worn during this practice.
- Avoid eating 2-3 hours prior to class. Drink ample electrolyte water prior to class. Water is sold at the studio if needed.
- During class, take small sips of water between postures. Avoid guzzling large quantities because this can disrupt your practice.
- Relax, breathe, observe, have fun, and try to stay in the room.
- Breathing exercises at the beginning at end of class are repeated multiple times for 2 sets, so there is plenty of time to watch and then try them. Similarly, the postures are done twice, so you can watch and then try.
- During your first few classes, it's normal to feel lightheaded, dizzy, crampy or uncomfortable as your body adjusts to the environment. If needed, you are encouraged to sit down or lay down at your discretion. Your instructor will check on you regularly. If you need to leave the room, please alert your instructor.
- Breathe and approach poses with patience. Be sensitive to [pushing to your edge] versus [tolerating sharp pain]. Only you know how far you can comfortably push your body. Honor your body and acknowledge signs from your body.
- Remember to breathe.
- Shortness of breath can be a warning signal that too much effort is underway. Be willing to back down, breathe & recover.
Please contact us and share your questions or concerns. Here is a checklist for your convenience.
1-Create your account @ www.bikramrtpcary.com ... then download MindBody App and select our studio name to add/remove yourself from classes.
2-Bring yoga mat, yoga towel, shower towel (if you forget, there are a few available for a rental fee)
3-Bring electrolyte water (if you forget, you can purchase)
4-Bring clothes (if you forget, you can purchase) and locker lock at your discretion
5-Arrive 15-20 minutes early to check-in and relax
6-Remember that studio entrance doors lock at class start time. We are committed to start on time to respect schedules.
7-Commit this time to focus on yourself, your mind, your body, your journey.
9-Smile and laugh.